Re: jaws double speaks in some text edit fields

dave grossoehme

Is it only in a search field that this happens as far as repeated speech?
Your Friend Dave

From: "Nickus de Vos" <bigboy529@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 2:28 AM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: jaws double speaks in some text edit fields

Hi all, I'm using windows 7 with jaws 13. A week or so ago something
started happening on the internet in text edit fields, I don't know if
it happend after a update or if I changed some settings. If I type
something in to a text edit field e.g. in to google search, it repeats
what ever I typed twice and if I arrow through the typed word it again
each time reads the entire search term twice before reading the
letter. e.g. if I type jaws in to google search and tab down to the
search button it will say "jaws, Jaws" and if I arrow through the word
jaws in the text edit field, it would say jaws, jaws with each arrow
press and then only say the letter J A W S. Any ideas how to fix this
or what the problem is? It's very anoying.