moderated Re: accessible crossword apps and other word games

ann

Hi everyone,

There are a whole list of crosswords included in the aph crossword app. Yes, they are all educational, but playing with these is a good way to get used to navigating around the site. And it's fun to realize just how much I've forgotten from my old school days. LOL!

Also, you can import your own crosswords and use them on the APH site. I have a Crossword subscription from the NY Times and frequently download their crossword puzzles as .puz files. These can be loaded in to the APH online site and used just like the pre-installed puzzles.

I admit I don't use this site much, but that's because I use the Spoonbill Games Crossword app, mainly because it does not require me to be online for its use,and I've used it for so long I don't need to think much about its navigation anymore.

~Ann

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 08:48 PM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
Hi kids, this crossword is on 10th grade Geometry. If that's your thing, have fun!

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accessible crossword apps and other word games

Here is another supposedly accessible crossword site from APH. I wrote down the link, but have never used it, so cannot speak to how friendly it is:

Crossword.aphtech.org

Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:43 AM

I like Seven Little Words, but you do need a wifi connection.
Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: 19 March 2020 14:15

Hi,
Are these programs still being updated?

Thanks,

Jessica

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 10:12 AM

Have you checked out Spoonbill Software?
Here is a link to their games in chronological order of release.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au_bggames.htm&d=DwIFaQ&c=Y1KkN7JyAPjrAJTUCirS0fy9vQY8xn4_Oh4EEEpbXx4&r=-1nxI1tr9hKnIWNyLOCPlqI9Rh0Aj118fOCkSudZWTI&m=9CvymkL0dDB1lKiA9w2Ab-7cv3P9pune8vbEIzYovTA&s=hr8AZtrzEeQvYGWAL_1c--tM-NU8QISyQbSo5BmYhyE&e=

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.turner42.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Y1KkN7JyAPjrAJTUCirS0fy9vQY8xn4_Oh4EEEpbXx4&r=-1nxI1tr9hKnIWNyLOCPlqI9Rh0Aj118fOCkSudZWTI&m=9CvymkL0dDB1lKiA9w2Ab-7cv3P9pune8vbEIzYovTA&s=Dr0ojOG_qElkvSF858JNxgDPM1sKI-b6CXUdqsPynpk&e=

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:41 PM
To: Jaws user list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: accessible crossword apps and other word games

Hi,
I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.