moderated Re: JAWS for free for now

As the offer states, anybody in the US and Canada can get this, internationally people have to contact the distributor for Jaws in their country.

It does not matter if you ever bought Jaws and let it lapse or if you have a current subscription licence. How Vispero deals with people who have a current subscription license and who paid for the year I don’t know, this is what their customer service is for. I further would say that this is not such a big deal for those of us who have an SMA although Vispero may very well add 3 months to the end of your SMA, but again, just call and ask since only they can answer those questions.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:26 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS for free for now

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 03:46 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

Can a person that has never had JAWS before get this?

Well, I was able to get it, and I've never used anything other than the 40-minute demo mode of JAWS on my own machine.  This makes it easier for me to try to play with JAWS if needed without having to reboot my machine, at least for a couple of months.  The offer also applies to ZoomText and Fusion.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 04:48 PM, Gezim Rexha wrote:

Does it only apply to those in the US, or also to the rest of us?

The page specifically states that the offer through the page itself is for the US and Canada only.  But it also explicitly states that international options are available and that those outside the two noted countries should contact the JAWS distributor in their country.

        ~ Joshua Liebman