From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of John Martyn
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:47 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: [Bulk] Microsoft Outlook 2010 crashing issue

No kidding. I thought it was just me. Yes, that object API for Office
really can cause some issues since it is used almost completely free of
jaws scripting alone.
I wonder if office 2012 would be better for me. I haven't kept track,
but is there even an office 2012? If so, I'm ordering it from the V.A. I
get these kinds of things free since they cater towards me. I just have
to call a million times and bug them until they are tired of dealing
with me. I have a lousy VIST coordinator. She is supposed to send me
back up to Palo Alto, Ca to train for the iPhone. Anyway, I digress...
I think they are using delays without allowing the program to perform
tasks in the background. Like a Delay(10,0) makes it so everything on
the system stop processing while jaws catches up, and a Delay(10, 1)
allows background applications to continue its processing. Wish they
would put in a safety in there so you don't end up in a constant loop of
waiting. My JAWS sometimes does not recover and I have to tell my wife
to click the close outlook button after it puts up that non responsive
dialog window. I think I should complain to freedom scientific about
this. Either that or hope office 2012 is out there and will be better
with JAWS 13.
John