moderated Google docs navigation

Anna Givens

Never used google docs on the computer before.
I am using windows 10 with jaws (I think 2017) on my laptop, and in google chrome. When google docs is open in chrome, how do I go to a blank new document?

Or how do I navigate from main page?
Like google docs was open in chrome and I pushed ctr plus Homero go to beginning of page and it did not say anything, then I pushed “h” for heading and it said nothing, then pushed tab and it said nothing then pushed down arrow and it said nothing. I got it to go to recent documents by pushing I think it was down arrow multiple times and it finally said something but I had to end up going to a recent document, opening it and going to file menu to open a new one.

Anna