moderated Re: Stopping Google Chrome suggestions
Hi Gevim,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
You can give this a try, being mindful of the message that will be generated
as mentioned below:
Stop Google Chrome from Storing Browser History - Turn Off Search
Suggestions on Google Chrome
There doesn't appear to be any way to do this from within the browser,
so following the steps below should get the job done:
The following message may be encountered after using these steps, and
although annoying, causes no harm.
Something went wrong when opening your profile. Some features may be
Send feedback to help us fix this issue.
Profile error occurred dialog
1. Open Chrome and press, Control + H, to open Chrome history.
2. Tab to, Clear browsing data link, and press enter.
3. Tab to the, Time range combo box open the combo box, choose the, All
time, option and close the combo box.
4. Tab to these other checkboxes to select what you want deleted
permanently. They are as follows:
Browsing history Clears history and autocompletions in the address bar.
Cookies and other site data Signs you out of most sites.
Cached images and files Frees up X.X MB. Some sites may load more slowly on
your next visit.
5. Tab to, Clear data button, and press the spacebar or enter to remove the
selected data. Now close Chrome and do the following.
1. Make sure that hidden files and folders are set to show.
2. Use the following path to find the file you need to change, replacing
"your Name", with the name of your user folder
C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
3. Press the letter H until you come to "History",
then open the properties, and tab to "read only", and check the box.
4. tab to okay, and press the spacebar.
Alt F4 to close all windows, you are done.
Setting the properties of this file to read only, prevents Chrome from
saving data to it, which
disables it's ability to offer suggestions when typing in the address bar.
Since this is a file specific to Google Chrome, the properties of this file
may change when the browser is updated.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gezim Rexha" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:50 PM
Subject: Stopping Google Chrome suggestions
I find it annoying when on Google Chrome, as a enter some text in the search
edit field, it starts predicting what I want to search for. How can I turn
that feature off?