moderated Re: Stopping Google Chrome suggestions

The Windows Club is a very reliable source, but this particular article is out-of-date (by its own admission, saying that the Autocomplete settings have moved, and they have)

But, first, I can tell you I'm running Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit), and these settings do not make the slightest bit of difference for autocomplete in the URL/web address/omnibox (pick your favorite term).

When you open Settings, the You and Google section is first, and the Sync and Google Services settings are under it.  When expanded, you will find the Autocomplete Searches and URLs toggle.  I've got mine toggled off, but it still does it.  This could possibly be because I have not recently deleted all browsing history, but I know when I have it still eventually "comes back".

Autofill is related to web forms, and it's in the Autofill section, which comes next, and there is autofill for passwords, payment methods, and addresses and more (and in this case they don't mean web addresses).

        ~ Joshua Liebman