moderated Re: How to mark a play button that JAWS is not picking up?

Tim Ford

Hello Milton,

Sure, I am glad for any assistance.  The web site is adult in nature, so can you email me at ttford@... and I will give that to you.  I am sensitive to those who may be offended, and thus did not include the site address. 

Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to mark a play button that JAWS is not picking up?

Can you provide the web address where you are trying to get this video to play?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 1:10 PM

I have tried several times to communicate with the web site tech support, but my emails are never responded to.

Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:55 AM

If the button is totally invisible I don’t think anybody can mark it. The only option here is to tell the owner of the site about the problem and hope they are open towards making it accessible again. I am not a Jaws scripter, but it might be possible to achieve this also with a script.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:48 AM
Subject: How to mark a play button that JAWS is not picking up?

Hello All,

One of my favorite video streaming sites suddenly changed a few months ago.  Before the sudden change, videos would start automatically, then suddenly they would not.  I had Microsoft’s nice accessibility office remote in to my computer.  The guy was able to immediately spot and click the play button, but I could not figure out where the button was, so I know the cause, but not how to solve it.

Is there a way for Microsoft’s remote session person to label the button so JAWS will let me work that button?  Or, is this something that can be done only by a sighted person sitting at my computer?  In either case, how would they mark/label the button?

Tim Ford

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.