moderated Re: Notice the following with JAWS 2020

Mike B

I'm running J2020.2003.13.400, the March build, and it works the way it's supposed to.  Ron, do you have the, Speak Dollars, option checked in Settings Center / Default all applications / Text Processing / Under Number and Date processing?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: Notice the following with JAWS 2020

Ron,
I think you may have found a bug.
Under Number and Date processing in Jaws settings center, there is a checkbox for Say Dollar.  If checked, it is supposed to do what you want.
But for me, checked or unchecked it says the same thing.
The text after  that checkbox is:
When selected, numbers preceded by a dollar sign are read using the dollars and cents format. For example, $9.95 is read as nine dollars and ninety five cents. To read monetary values less than a dollar, a zero is required to represent dollars. For example, $0.02 is read as two cents.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:45 AM
To: JAWS User's Group Mailing List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Notice the following with JAWS 2020

Good morning to all, from Ron Kolesar.
Noticed the following when speaking dollar signs.
For some weird reason it's saying dollar and the figures, instead of saying the figures then the word dollars.
For example, for $2.00 it will say dollar two instead of two dollars.
How can we fix this?
Many thanks.
Ron KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From Ron Kolesar Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station And Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.