Re: Jaws and citric

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

Well, I'm going from memory here, but here is what I recall.
You need to have JAWS running both on your home machine and on a server at work (not your work desktop, a server). So, you will need to get your IT professionals involved.
Second, be prepared for headaches by the score. Making it work became such a problem at my old firm that I had to switch to Window-Eyes. We spent hours on the phone with escalation at Freedom Scientific.
When I got to my new firm, our Web-based document management system didn't play nicely with Window-Eyes. Consequently, I switched back to JAWS.
While we were on Windows XP, we used a system called FireBox (that's FireBox, not FireFox). It allowed a remote connection for data, but all the processing was local. I think FireBox was a Citrix product. It just worked. No remote installation of JAWS was needed, and I didn't have to have our IT Department install and maintain a copy of JAWS on some server.
Now that we are on Windows 7, we don't have to load anything. IT IS WONDERFUL! The connection happens magically.
Right now, I'm at a convention in Las Vegas. I'm sending you this message in Outlook running on my local machine, but I'm simultaneously and transparently connected to the firm's Exchange Server.
So, my advice would be to check with your employer's IT Department. If you are running Windows 7, connecting remotely may be easier than you think, and avoiding Citrix is a consummation devoutly to be desired.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Naomi Bolter
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 11:21 PM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Jaws and citric

Hi guys,

I'd like to remote into my work computer network, from home with Jaws
13. I tried and failed.

It brings my outlook up, but Jaws doesn't seem to be able to read the
mail.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated so many thanks in advance.

Regards

Naomi Bolter

Project officer

Strategic capability unit

Level 10 83 Clarence Street

P 82954618

E naomi.bolter@facs.nsw.gov.au

==========================================================

Security Statement

This email may be confidential and contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email, including any attachments. Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. If you have received the email in error please delete and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the department, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the Department of Family and Community Services NSW. The department does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this email has been maintained, or that the communication is free of error, virus, interception, inference or interference.

==========================================================
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20120213/619a653a/attachment.html>
#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.