moderated Re: New Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader View

Dean Martineau

The problem with adjusting the rate is a JAWS problem. It works fine with Narrator.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 12:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: New Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader View

Not that I'm discouraging anyone from submitting feedback to Microsoft on this feature, as you absolutely should, but there are also other options now that Edge is Chromium-based and you can use extensions from the Chrome Web Store.

One extension I used routinely with my blind clients is called Read Aloud.  It allows you to assign (or reassign) shortcut keys for many of its functions when it's active and I just tested voice speed with the default voice (and there are multiple options).  It can read at "blind screen-reader user speed" which is utterly incomprehensible to me.

        ~ Joshua Liebman