From: David Kingsbury [mailto:davidkingsbury77@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:38 AM
Subject: New Microsoft Edge Immersive Reader View
Hi all,

The new Edge has a very nice feature called Immersive Reader that strips
out clutter on busy web pages for a cleaner read. There is a read aloud
button that reads text out loud with various voices, and this totally
clears out the clutter. Note that this is not a screen reader voice, but
a voice that everybody can hear, and the voice quality is good. Only
problem is that it reads at a “sighted person” speed, in other words,
painfully slow. While there is a left/right slider for adjusting the
voice rate, it does not seem accessible. Does anybody know if there is a
shortcut key that could be used to adjust this voice rate?

Thanks,

David