moderated Re: Cannot copy text in Chrome

That could potentially be simply because the website doesn't let you copy anything. I am not a web developer, but I believe you can make it so copying just doesn't work.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 12:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cannot copy text in Chrome

I agree, this step will solve most problems copying passages from webpages while using Chrome. However, I have encountered several websites where I can't copy anything while using chrome. The Washington Post comes to mind, as does the Guardian. I can select text, but nothing happens when I press control-c. In the applications menu, "copy" is greyed out. In these cases, I have to open the same page in another browser, usually IE11, and make the copy there.

A fast way to get to the "copy" option in the JAWS quick settings menu is to type "copy" in the edit field when settings opens.