moderated Re: Census survey

John Doering

Brian:

That is exactly why I questioned it and thanks for the answer.

Another quick question about the survey.

Do you need social security numbers from persons living in your residence or any other info I may need to gather before trying to  complete the survey?

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 1:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Census survey

John,

The following is not aimed at you, but at my frustration with this situation and the IDIOT who wrote that message text that's getting read.

Now Here This:  You do NOT need to use IE to complete the U.S. Census online.  I completed it in Brave and know of folks who've done so in Chrome, Firefox, Edge original, and new Chromium-based edge.

This is a case where some incompetent didn't even think twice about what they were writing.  Microsoft has been strongly recommending that users abandon IE for years now.  To wit:

Why You Should Dump Internet Explorer | Daniel Miessler        (Dec 2019)

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser ...            (March 2019 – straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth)

Microsoft cybersecurity expert: Please, stop using Internet ...  (Feb 2019)

Microsoft security chief: IE is not a browser, so stop using ...     (Feb 2019)

Microsoft wants you to stop using Internet Explorer                    (Feb 2019)

12 reasons not to use Internet Explorer, ever | Computerworld  (June 2011 – Even more valid now)

And if you web search on “Why you should not use Internet Explorer” the list of returned results is long, and virtually unanimous in the expert (and non-expert) opinion that you should not.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.