From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 1:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Census survey

John,

         The following is not aimed at you, but at my frustration with this situation and the IDIOT who wrote that message text that's getting read.

Now Here This:  You do NOT need to use IE to complete the U.S. Census online.  I completed it in Brave and know of folks who've done so in Chrome, Firefox, Edge original, and new Chromium-based edge.

This is a case where some incompetent didn't even think twice about what they were writing.  Microsoft has been strongly recommending that users abandon IE for years now.  To wit:

Why You Should Dump Internet Explorer | Daniel Miessler        (Dec 2019)

The perils of using Internet Explorer as your default browser ...            (March 2019 – straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth)

Microsoft cybersecurity expert: Please, stop using Internet ...  (Feb 2019)

Microsoft security chief: IE is not a browser, so stop using ...     (Feb 2019)

Microsoft wants you to stop using Internet Explorer                    (Feb 2019)

12 reasons not to use Internet Explorer, ever | Computerworld  (June 2011 – Even more valid now)

And if you web search on “Why you should not use Internet Explorer” the list of returned results is long, and virtually unanimous in the expert (and non-expert) opinion that you should not.

        ~ Joshua Liebman