moderated Re: Finding Alternates to MS Word

Glenn / Lenny

I had no problems with Libra and Jaws 2019.
Glenn

From: JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: Finding Alternates to MS Word

The last time I took a stab, I was kind of frustrated that the menus do not automatically read with my JFW version at least (2018) and you have to use the JAWS cursor if you want to go through choices. If you know how many times to arrow or if you know the keyboard shortcuts, that’s no problem really, but I was new to the programme and didn’t know any of that. The menus did read automatically in NVDA as I remember. And maybe newer JAWS VERSIONS WORK MORE RESPONSIVELY WITH Libre.

If not…

You can use Openoffice. It is not updated with the frequency that Libre is, but it is very similar, and as far as I know is not actually *dead*. The Writer appears to work quite well with JAWS.