moderated Re: Finding Alternates to MS Word

I can't speak to accessibility, but if you want something to play with to determine if it's accessible, definitely take a look at SoftMaker FreeOffice.

It exists in versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.  It also has a look and feel that's as close to MS-Office as I've ever seen.  I have not, as yet, used it with any of my blind or visually-impaired clients.  If you do experiment with it please do report back with regard to accessibility or the lack thereof.

        ~ Joshua Liebman