moderated Re: zoom

Van Lant, Robin

I haven’t used the Zoom platform with JAWS yet, but I find the iPhone app for Zoom really easy to use thus far, as long as you have an earpiece with microphone so that people don’t hear voicover talking.  If I were doing a class with Zoom, I might run Zoom from my phone, leaving my laptop open for taking notes.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: zoom

I copied the info and pasted it after the link to the Zoom support page on hotkeys:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205683899-Hot-Keys-and-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Zoom?mobile_site=true

Windows Icon Windows

You can view and edit keyboard shortcuts in your Accessibility settings.

1.       Log in to your Zoom desktop client.

2.       Click your profile picture then click Settings.
Settings Option Under Profile Picture

3.       Click Keyboard Shortcuts.

4.       The keyboard shortcuts will appear.

Editing Shortcuts

You can edit a shortcut by clicking on the shortcut and then pressing the shortcut key that you would like to use.

Some of the shortcuts can be used as global shortcuts, meaning they will work even when Zoom is not in focus. To enable a shortcut globally, check the option next to the shortcut.

Available Keyboard Shortcuts

·         F6: Navigate among Zoom popup windows.

·         Ctrl+Alt+Shift: Move focus to Zoom's meeting controls

·         PageUp: View previous 25 video stream in gallery view

·         PageDown: View next 25 video stream in gallery view

·         Alt: Turn on/off the option Always show meeting control toolbar in Accessibility Settings

·         Alt+F1: Switch to active speaker view in video meeting

·         Alt+F2: Switch to gallery video view in video meeting

·         Alt+F4: Close the current window

·         Alt+V: Start/Stop Video

·         Alt+A: Mute/unmute audio

·         Alt+M: Mute/unmute audio for everyone except host Note: For the meeting host only

·         Alt+S: Launch share screen window and stop screen share Note: Will only work when meeting control toolbar has focus

·         Alt+Shift+S: Start/stop new screen share Note: Will only work when meeting control toolbar has focus

·         Alt+T: Pause or resume screen share Note: Will only work when meeting control toolbar has focus

·         Alt+R: Start/stop local recording

·         Alt+C: Start/stop cloud recording

·         Alt+P: Pause or resume recording

·         Alt+N: Switch camera

·         Alt+F: Enter or exit full screen

·         Alt+H: Display/hide In-Meeting Chat panel

·         Alt+U:Display/hide Participants panel

·         Alt+I: Open Invite window

·         Alt+Y: Raise/lower hand

·         Alt+Shift+R: Gain Remote Control

·         Alt+Shift+G: Stop Remote Control

·         Ctrl+2: Read active speaker name

·         Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H: Show/Hide floating meeting controls

·         Alt+Shift+T: Screenshot

·         Switch to Portrait/Landscape View: Alt+L

·         Ctrl+W: Close current chat session

·         Ctrl+Up: Go to previous chat

·         Ctrl+Down: Go to next chat

·         Ctrl+T: Jump to chat with someone

·         Ctrl+F: Search

·         Ctrl+Tab: Move to the next tab (right)

·         Ctrl+Shift+Tab: Move to the previous tab (left)

Richard

"There's a nap for that."

On Mar 19, 2020, at 12:23 AM, Judy <bunchkinbear@...> wrote:

Hi, any tips or pointers on using Zoom would be greatly appreciated. I was able to set up an account, but had some problems with settings and muting/unmuting etc. Need to learn this fast as a class I’m in is going online for discussions. Using Jaws 2019 and windows 10. Thanks in advance. Judy & Libby

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114