moderated Re: annoying verbosity in Outlook since yesterday's update

Mike B

Hi Alison,

The punctuation level most people prefer is, Some, and how to change  the punctuation level is below.
Here are 3 ways of changing the punctuation level setting:
#1.  For an individual application using Jaws Quick Settings:
1. While in any application / program press, Insert + V, to open the Jaws quick settings.
2. In the search field type, punctuation, or just the 1st 4 letters will work as well and it'll take a second for the list to populate.  You should hear
something like, Punctuation 1 of 1 search results.  Now down arrow and you should hear Jaws report, punctuation... with the ... meaning your current level
setting.  Now press the spacebar to toggle through your punctuation level options.  They are None, Some, Most & All.
3. When you hear the level setting you want stop pressing the spacebar, tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and close.

#2.  To change the punctuation level for an individual application in the Settings Center:
1. Open the Settings Center by pressing, Insert + 6, on the number row.
2. Down arrow to, Punctuation closed, and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow 2 times to, Punctuation level..., the ... is the current level you're set on.  Now press the spacebar to toggle through your punctuation
level options.  They are None, Some, Most & All.
4. When you hear the level setting you want stop pressing the spacebar, tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and
close.

#3. To change the punctuation level for all applications in Settings Center default all applications:
1. Open the Settings Center by pressing, Insert + 6, on the number row, now press, control, shift + D, to open Settings Center default all applications.
2. Down arrow to, Punctuation closed, and right arrow to open.
3. Down arrow 2 times to, Punctuation level..., the ... is the current level you're set on.  Now press the spacebar to toggle through your punctuation
level options.  They are None, Some, Most & All.
4. When you hear the level setting you want stop pressing the spacebar, tab to, Apply, press the spacebar, now tab to, Okay, and press enter to save and
close.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: annoying verbosity in Outlook since yesterday's update

How do I adjust Jaws so it doesn’t read all the punctuation – especially the apostraophies.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Bobbitt
Sent: 19 March 2020 13:45
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Excuse me

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 02:48 PM, Stan Bobbitt wrote:

I hope there will be a way to toggle it off.

Answered twice and already confirmed as working once, in this very topic.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.