moderated Problem Entering Text Into A Particular Web Site

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

Due to some hham radio-related volunteer work I’m doing, I need to send brief alert text messages via a specific web site that is often used for public-service and emergency communication purposes.

In order to send a message, I must complete fields in a web form, which is actually fairly accessible.

However, in part of the form, Jaws tells me that I’m in the message edit box, while, in reality, my PC cursor gets stuck in the subject field which is previous to the message edit box on the form.

How can I be sure that the Jaws and PC cursor are in the same place when completing this form?

Normally, I’d post the web site and ask for everyone’s input, but the site is somewhat secure, and used for public-service/emergency communications, so I need to be careful.

I’ll try to clarify the issue further if needed.

Thanks for any input.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan