moderated Re: JAWS reads out passwords instead of reading "star, star"

Shai

Hello,
There is no such check box. On the websites that have this activity,
is the show password on the website checked? Perhaps that is checked
and why JAWS is reading out the password. I would ensure that show
password on the site you are trying to log into is not checked if
there is such an option.
I would also recommend a JAWS repair because I am not having this
behavior in JAWS2020.

On 3/16/20, Sameer <salatey@...> wrote:

Dear List Friends,

Whenever I try to type a password, JAWS reads out the actual keys being
pressed instead of reading “star, star”. In previous versions, JAWS did not
echo passwords but read them as “star, star”.

This problem has been happening in both Chrome & Firefox with JAWS 2020 but
not with JAWS 2019. My OS is Windows 10.

Kindly guide me as to what settings I should change in JAWS 2020 so that it
does not echo passwords.

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India