moderated Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 12:12 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
I must, to my shame, admit that last night when I tried it I actually backspaced instead of pressing delete after typing a letter.
And you have my eternal gratitude for having come out and reported this.  I was sorely tempted to ask at one point whether those who tried the instructions were sure they used the DEL key and not Backspace.  Conflating the two in contexts where trying to delete via keyboard is not at all uncommon.  Since it's so common to backspace out characters to delete them the two keys often become synonymous with each other.

Using the DEL key to remove an address entry from the autocomplete list has been around for as long as I can remember.  But I also find that many people beoome very hostile when the concept of "user error" is introduced.  Each and every one of us has committed user error way more than one time, and that's why it's always worth taking a second look as to whether instructions were followed to the letter.

        ~ Joshua Liebman