moderated Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

Hi Brian,

Yes, this does in fact work, I must, to my shame, admit that last night when I tried it I actually backspaced instead of pressing delete after typing a letter.

I am using Office 365 with Jaws 2020 on a Windows 10 computer and when I just tried it again by typing the letter “B” I had a couple of addresses pop, among others, an old address I used to communicate with somebody at a Bed Bath and Beyond store about a return a few years ago. After I came across this one I pressed delete and it disappeared. I then closed the compose window and then started a new email, now when I typed B I had other addresses pop up which I also had before, but the Bed Bath and Beyond address was indeed gone.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

All I need to do, as Cher noted, is arrow down through the autocomplete list that pops up after I've typed a character or two to limit the list, and hit the Delete key on any item I land on that I want eliminated from the autocomplete list.   They disappear immediately, and if I open another compose window and start entering the same character(s) in the To, CC, or BCC fields those addresses that I deleted remain gone.

        ~ Joshua Liebman