moderated Re: Question regarding searching:

Glenn / Lenny

I think this is the answer to the original question:
In-line auto complete needs to be unchecked in advanced settings.
Do alt T and up arrow to options and enter, and control tab to the advanced page.
When there tab twice to the list of settings.
You will arrow to:
Use inline AutoComplete in the Internet Explorer Address
and uncheck it with the space bar if it says "on".
Here's the entire list of items:
Internet Options
AdvancedGeneral Security Privacy Content Connections Programs
Settings
Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer)-ON
Enable Suggested Sites-OFF
Enable third-party browser extensions-ON*
Enable visual styles on buttons and controls in webpages-
Go to an intranet site for a single word entry in the Addre
Load sites and content in the background to optimize perf
Notify when downloads complete-OFF
Show friendly HTTP error messages-ON
Underline links
Always-ON
Hover-OFF
Never-OFF
Use inline AutoComplete in File Explorer and Run Dialog-O
Use inline AutoComplete in the Internet Explorer Address
*Takes effect after you restart your computer
Restore advanced settings
Reset Internet Explorer settings
Resets Internet Explorer's settings to their default  Reset...condition.
You should only use this if your browser is in an unusable state.
OK Cancel Apply