From: Mario Brusco [mailto:mrb620@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 12:18 PM
Subject: presence unknown in Outlook 2016
hey Brian, my friend no longer has the presence unknown issue any more,
thanks to you. but he still has the issue regarding the names in his
contacts. they are sorted by first middle last name, but they don't
appear to be alphabetized in ascending order.

you mentioned how you do it but I don't get it, so I can direct him what
to do. can you expand on how you do it?

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 11:17 AM
There is mixing of locations going on here.  The Settings, System,
Display Pane, Scale and Layout section is where this is found under
Windows 10 (or at least most easily and directly).  If you literally
cannot see the safest thing is to leave scaling at 100%, which is what's
recommended.

There can be all kinds of odd offshoots from having text scaled above
100%, though I have no idea if the "Presence Unknown" bit is one of them.

As to sorting contacts in Outlook 2016, it can be done in the same way
it always has been done.  I sort my contacts on the "File As" field
because I want them to sort in Last Name, First Name order.   Any column
can be selected and then an ascending or descending sort applied.