moderated Re: JAWS is silant when there is a date in a line of text.

Marty Hutchings

Mike,  I opened up an email that I had sent out that had a date in a line that JAWS was not reading.  I then pressed the JAWS key and Space bar and Z.  A second later, JAWS was reading the missing line of text.  Now, how do I figure out which custom setting is causing the problem? Weird!

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS is silent when there is a date in a line of text.

Here's another thought / guess.  Did you make any changes to the Jaws default dictionary in Jaws 18 that might cause this problem?  If you did something to the JFD in Jaws18, that would have carried over to Jaws2019 if you imported your settings from J18 to J2019.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2020 11:35 AM
Subject: JAWS is silant when there is a date in a line of text.

I am using JAWS 2019, Windows 7 and office 2007 and Windows Live Mail.  Each time that I type a date like March 22 in a word document or an email, JAWS will not read anything in that line of text where the date is.  It doesn't say anything at all.  This has been happening for a while, it even happened with JAWS 18.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.