moderated Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

I don’t think this is what the original poster wants to accomplish. In Outlook you also get a lot of auto complete suggestions for addresses which are not even in your Contacts or the People app if that is what you use.

Unless you turn auto complete off in File > Options > Mail under the Sent category of choices, you can manually type somebody’s email address and 2 years later if you start typing said address it will still pop up as an auto complete suggestion. I actually really like this, but I could see how there are emails which you really may no longer need or want to show up, maybe past girl-friends or boy-friend addresses for example 🤣

You can of course easily clear the entire list in File > Options > Mail just next to where you turn this feature on or off, but that may also not be what you want.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pramit
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 8:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

Hi Sharon,

To clean up your address book you need to open the "People App" on your system and then delete the contacts from there.

Once deleted they'll not appear in autocomplete or else where.

Hope this helps!

Pramit

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 11:03 PM Sharon Ballantyne <revsharon@...> wrote:

Using JAWS 2020, Windows 10, Outlook Office 365, the strategies suggested using the to field, first letter entry, navigation to address to be deleted and pressing delete key does not work for me either.Any other ideas? It would be really helpful to be able to clean up address book.

Many thanks

Sharon B