moderated Re: Creating website with JAWS

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Ann!

There are some accessibility advantages when you have your own domain as opposed to a free domain hosted at wordpress.com.  I use bluehost.com; and they have a one-click install of WP.  I will not go into these accessibility advantages here, but there are more than a few.  Plus, having your own domain and a hosted site gives you full control, more flexibility and it is pretty inexpensive. 

HTH,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ann
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 5:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Creating website with JAWS

Hi,

Is it necessary to use a paid Wordpress account or is creating free Wordpress sites just as accessible with Jaws?

And any specific Wordpress book recommendations?

Thanks,
~Ann

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 08:03 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Thabo!

I have used WordPress, Drupal and learned some HTML.  For sure, WP is the best.  Learning some HTML is helpful too, but not critical.  Drupal seems to be more of an enterprise CMS.  WP can do it all; accessibly too.  Use its “classic editor.”  Get a book on using WP from Bookshare.

HTH,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thabo Baseki
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2020 6:55 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Creating website with JAWS

Good day friends!

Thank you for adding me to the mailing list. This is my first post to the group, and I am excited, I can have my inquiries head. 

I have never created a website before, and I want to learn how to do it. Where can I start? Is the place accessible with jars? Some people were telling me that I should use notepad, how is that effective?

Thank you for all the suggestions in advance!

Best regards

Thabo

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.