From: Jessica D
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS is silant when there is a date in a line of text.

Hi,
I'm having the exact same issue when navigating in excel.
When I use up and down arrrow to navigate, if the cell is blank, jaws is 100% silent.
How can I fix this?
Using office 365, windows 10 and jaws 2020, latest update

Thanks,
Jessica

On Mar 10, 2020, at 1:49 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Marty,

Have you tried changing the speech / sound scheme to see if it'll help?  Press, Insert, Alt + S, and the current scheme will be highlighted, try changing to, Classic, if it isn't already to see if it'll help.  In Word, try the, Word Classic, scheme.

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2020 11:35 AM

I am using JAWS 2019, Windows 7 and office 2007 and Windows Live Mail.  Each time that I type a date like March 22 in a word document or an email, JAWS will not read anything in that line of text where the date is.  It doesn't say anything at all.  This has been happening for a while, it even happened with JAWS 18.  Has anyone else experienced this?