moderated Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

george b

When you get the email you want to remove by typing it in the field you need to hit enter to put it in the field.

Then you need to left arrow to it is selected or red to you and then hit deleate.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: March 10, 2020 9:26
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

Hi Adrian, Thom and all,

Thanks to all for your fast responses. So, since it works for yyou, I tried with different screen readers, in case it could be a problem with my jaws configuration.

Neither NVDA, nor the windows 10 narrator could solve my problem. Here is an illustration of what I am trying to do:

1. I create a new mail by pressing <ctrl+n>.
  2. In the “To:” field, I begin typing the first letters of the address I want to remove.
  3. I press the down or up arrow keys one or more times until the screen reader speaks me the address I want. For Jaws or NVDA, which have braille support, I also can read the suggestion on my braille display.
  4. If I press the <delete> key, the suggested address disappears from my braille display and only the letters I typed remain in the “To:” field. However, when I arrow up and down to see more suggested addresses, the one I hoped to remove by pressing <delete> while the screen reader was saying it still appears.

So, is there an outlook configuration setting to change for this to work for me like it does for you please?

Many thanks. Have a nice day. Chris D

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

** CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. **

In Outlook 2016, the method that works for me is to set up a new message, then type the first letter of the email address I want to delete. I arrow down through the resulting list and, when I have focus on the address, I press the delete key.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:15 AM

It doesn’t seem to work in the mail app either, as I’m wanting to get rid of some contacts I never use any more. Any help would be appreciated.

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 8:56 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

Hi all,

With Jaws 2020, I’d like to know whether there is a way to remove one or more items from the address autocompletion list of Microsoft Outlook 365.

With older Outlook versions like 2010, and older versions of Jaws, I could select one no more wanted address and type the <delete> key instead of the <tab> key and it was removed from the autocompletion list. But now, this does not seem to work with the Outlook 2016 app which was installed by my subscription to Office 365, and Jaws version 2020.2001.70.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.