moderated Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

george b

When you get the email you want to remove by typing it in the field you need to hit enter to put it in the field.

Then you need to left arrow to it is selected or red to you and then hit deleate.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: March 10, 2020 9:26
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016: Is it possible to remove items from the addresses autocompletion list?

Hi Adrian, Thom and all,

Thanks to all for your fast responses. So, since it works for yyou, I tried with different screen readers, in case it could be a problem with my jaws configuration.

Neither NVDA, nor the windows 10 narrator could solve my problem. Here is an illustration of what I am trying to do:

  1. I create a new mail by pressing <ctrl+n>.
  2. In the “To:” field, I begin typing the first letters of the address I want to remove.
  3. I press the down or up arrow keys one or more times until the screen reader speaks me the address I want. For Jaws or NVDA, which have braille support, I also can read the suggestion on my braille display.
  4. If I press the <delete> key, the suggested address disappears from my braille display and only the letters I typed remain in the “To:” field. However, when I arrow up and down to see more suggested addresses, the one I hoped to remove by pressing <delete> while the screen reader was saying it still appears.

So, is there an outlook configuration setting to change for this to work for me like it does for you please?

Many thanks. Have a nice day. Chris D