From: Pramit [mailto:PRAMIT.VISION@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 12:45 AM
Subject: presence unknown in Outlook 2016
Hi,

This issue occurs because the Windows Custom Text Size (DPI) setting is
set to a specific custom value in the Display item in Control Panel.

To work around this issue, change the Windows Custom Text Size (DPI)
setting to a non-custom value. To do this, follow the steps below

Open Control Panel.
Click Appearance and Personalization.
Click Display.
Under the Change size of items section, click set a custom scaling level.
Select one of the standard values, such as 100%, 125%, 150% or 200%.
Click OK.
Click Apply.
To apply the change, click Sign out now when you are prompted.

Pramit

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 1:07 AM Mario <mrb620@...
<mailto:mrb620@...>> wrote:

a friend is noticing that some contacts show a "presence unknown". what
does this mean and how to turn it off? from googling this, I cannot
find
straight answers. it seems to be tied in with communication programs
such as with  Skype, Linc or Teams. and since I don't use Outlook, I'm
hoping the members of this list can give me the steps to turn this
"tag"
off.

and also if there is a way to alphabetize the contacts. wondering if
there is a setting, toggle or something to make it happen.