moderated presence unknown in Outlook 2016

Mario

a friend is noticing that some contacts show a "presence unknown". what does this mean and how to turn it off? from googling this, I cannot find straight answers. it seems to be tied in with communication programs such as with Skype, Linc or Teams. and since I don't use Outlook, I'm hoping the members of this list can give me the steps to turn this "tag" off.

and also if there is a way to alphabetize the contacts. wondering if there is a setting, toggle or something to make it happen.