moderated Re: Jaws suddenly isn't speaking in word 365

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi guys,

Another possible issue that may have caused this is the normal template. if for whatever reason this changes, It screws up JAWS reading word documents. But Notepad works fine. The fix is to delete the normal template and reopen a word document and rebuild the normal template. to find the normal template:

Go to your main drive

Click on users

Click on the main user folder

Click on app data folder(system files must be unhidden)

Click on Microsoft

Click on templates

Delete normal(there may be two of them, one with funny symbols before and after it. That is the one that is messing you up, but delete both to get a clean template rebuild)

Do not delete the normal email template. that has nothing to do with your word issue. HTh