moderated Re: Creating website with JAWS

CathyAnne Murtha

Personally, I like having my own domain. I pay a yearly fee to Dreamhost to host my WordPress site.

Dreamhost has a one-click WordPress install option.

I have a new WordPress with JAWS for Windows book I just released. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post a link but you can find it on my website and I provide complete support.

Whatever you decide, I think you’ll love WordPress.

CathyAnne

---
CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute
www.blind.training
cathy@...
(520) 955-6611

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 955-6611

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 6:07 PM -0700, "ann" <tate886@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is it necessary to use a paid Wordpress account or is creating free Wordpress sites just as accessible with Jaws?

And any specific Wordpress book recommendations?

Thanks,
~Ann

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 08:03 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:

Hi Thabo!

I have used WordPress, Drupal and learned some HTML.  For sure, WP is the best.  Learning some HTML is helpful too, but not critical.  Drupal seems to be more of an enterprise CMS.  WP can do it all; accessibly too.  Use its “classic editor.”  Get a book on using WP from Bookshare.

HTH,

Richard