moderated How To Restore Fields In An Outlook E-mail Message

Tom Behler

Hello everyone.

I have once again lost the ability to read heading fields in an Outlook e-mail message using the Alt 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys.

In particular, I’m trying to verify that the BCC field contains addresses for about 70 people I have just sent a bulk e-mail to.

When I access the BCC field, Jaws reads the text in the body of the e-mail, not the addresses in the BCC field.

Below are some instructions I have tried several times, but I can’t get the desired change to take affect.

I think the problem has something to do with the “features coming soon” popup in Office 365.

Thanks for any help, and see instructions below.

Tom Behler

Instructions for restoring fields in an e-mail message if they disappear

If e-mail message fields disappear, and are not able to be accessed with the alt 1, 2, 3, etc., you must turn off features coming soon.

To do this, put focus on your in-box, and then hit the alt key to get to the home menu.

Then, arrow left once or twice, and you should get to the check box to turn this function on or off.

If it says “turn features coming soon off”, you know it’s on.  Just un-check the box, and you should be ok.

Note:  You will have to re-start Outlook and possibly even your computer for the change to take effect.