From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 12:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Finding the ip addresss of a computer?

Are you saying jaws wont work with remote desktop software without a remote license?

On 3/6/2020 3:15 PM, Abraham Sweiss wrote:

This is not a trivial task and has a lot of security implications.s

And once you get this to work, unless you have jars with the remote access license on your tablet, all you will have as an image of your computer with no sound.

Can we get more information on why remote access to your computer is needed. With this information we may be able to provide alternative solutions.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 6, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a computer, in outside my home, that I'd like to access, when I'm not physically near it.

I have the remote desktop app on my iphone and ipad.

The computer is running win10 pro, and jaws2020.

You have to have a password on the computer you want to connect to.

You also need internet access.

Once that's done, open the "remote desktop connection" app, and there are several tabs.

Under "advanced, I think it was where it asked for the server name.

After that, it constantly asked for my password, and would not take it.

Can anyone help?

I'm so close to finally getting this.

Thanks,

Jessica

On Mar 6, 2020, at 4:03 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Jessica,

What is it, precisely, that you're trying to accomplish here?  And using what program or instructions?

Any of a million things can ask for the things  you're asking about and it would make it much easier to help if one has the whole picture.

        ~ Joshua Liebman