Re: [Bulk] Microsoft Outlook 2010 crashing issue

epierce@...

John,

I'm a sighted technician and labor activist (public sector). I've seen major problems with Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 and JAWS 10, 11 and 12 that negatively impact worker productivity. We are going to test JAWS 13 in a month or so, but from what you have said, I'm not hopeful for big improvements. I do have some information about Outlook 2010/JAWS problems being related to how Outlook uses Word and its HTML engine.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Outlook and JAWS13.

As you probably know, FS advertises JAWS13 as having improvements in Outlook and Word.

re:
Frankly I think there's a memory overlap with the
object model and system memory. As long as the object model clears and does
not "leak" it stays away from system memory. I'm no expert, but somehow I
think JAWS has become such a memory hog that it's encroaching on areas of
memory where it isn't welcome.
Do you know of a source of concise documentation/analysis of those issues?

Would simply adding more physical memory help? Such as >4GB RAM in Win7 64-bit?

Thanks!