moderated Re: Braille Printers suggestion

Andrew J. LaPointe

How good is the braille?  How is the cost on this one?  Thank you. Andy and Shubert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Braille Printers suggestion

The cool thing about braille printing is that drivers aren't really necessary.  Set it up as text only and print to it with the right software and you're good to go.  The hardest thing is finding a usb to parallel or serial adapter that is something more than complete junk.  If you ever run onto an index basic, it might be worth your consideration.  I bought a used one, and I'm pretty happy with it.

On 3/5/2020 16:07, Andrew J. LaPointe wrote:

                Hello, I want to find a used Braille Printer within reasonable price.   I would prefer interpoint but, not absolutely necessary.  Of course, a new printer would be nice, the cost is not.  Does anyone have a suggestion on a BRL printer tht won’t fall apart before my eyes?

I know where I can borrow one but, it is about 12-15 years old and is either parallel or seriel port.  I am looking around for a converter cable to USB and it is not recommended.  Not even sure if I can find the drivers.  Thanks for any help here.  Andy and Shubert

Andrew J. LaPointe, President

Friends of the Salem Council on Aging

34 Raymond Ave.

Salem, MA. 01970