moderated Re: Braille Printers suggestion

Andrew J. LaPointe

Can you give me an idea of cost? Also, how sharp is the braille? Thank you for replying. Andy and Shubert

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Suratim
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Braille Printers suggestion

hello,
I recommend you using Basic-DV5 braille embosser I have one and happy with it

On 3/6/20, Andrew J. LaPointe <alapointe89@...> wrote:
Hello, I want to find a used Braille Printer within
reasonable price. I would prefer interpoint but, not absolutely
necessary.
Of course, a new printer would be nice, the cost is not. Does anyone
have a suggestion on a BRL printer tht won't fall apart before my
eyes?

I know where I can borrow one but, it is about 12-15 years old and is
either parallel or seriel port. I am looking around for a converter
cable to USB and it is not recommended. Not even sure if I can find
the drivers.
Thanks
for any help here. Andy and Shubert

Andrew J. LaPointe, President

Friends of the Salem Council on Aging

34 Raymond Ave.

Salem, MA. 01970

Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Editor, Commission Commuter Update and the Safe Disabled Traveler
Notebook

Talking Information Center

--
best and regards,