moderated Re: Automatically start the screen shade with Jaws

Abraham Sweiss

I do not know enough about the specifics of the jaws scripting language however here is pseudo code that may help:

Wants Jaws script is loaded
Confirm jaws has started
Enable required functionality

Thanks,abraham 

On Mar 5, 2020, at 4:58 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

I know how to add, but I don’t know where to add the code that will execute just after startup

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Abraham Sweiss
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:24 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Automatically start the screen shade with Jaws

I do not think this is possible.

You may need to write a script to add that functionality.

Thanks,abraham 

On Mar 5, 2020, at 1:56 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

I didn’t clarify enough! What I wanted to do is start the screen shade with JAWS, when the program starts up.

Pozdrawiam,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 7:47 AM

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:18 PM

For what it is worth, I'm running Jaws 2020 on Windows 10, and the keystroke is insert+spacebar, then f11.

Later,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." 

On Mar 4, 2020, at 8:47 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Well, the iBarstool has nothing to blame here, it was too early in the day for doing 12 ounce curls!  LOL  LOL 

I'll try to put in more simpley:

The screen shade setting does not appear in the Jaws Settings Center and is only accessible through the layered keystroke feature or, Jaws quick settings. 

The layered keystroke feature is when you  hold down the Insert key then press down the spacebar, let up on both keys, then press a third key to perform a particular task.  In this case the layered keystroke to turn the, Screen Shade, On or Off task is below:

Hold down the Insert key, then press down the spacebar, now let up on both keys, and tap the, Print Screen, button.

With each press of this keystroke sequence you will hear Jaws report either, Screen shade on or, Screenn shade off.

Since the Jaws screen shade feature isn't available in the Settings Center, and can be only accessed by the 2 ways mentioned above, here's the way to check its current setting through Jaws quick settings:

BTW,  whether you're in Explorer or a program, the screen shade setting is found in the General Options category of Jaws quick settings.

So, when, in or on, most places of your computer press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings.

Down arrow until you hear Jaws report, General Options, and if Jaws reports that it's closed right arrow to open.

Now continue down arrowing until you hear Jaws report, Screen Shade, either checked or unchecked.  Pressing the spacebar will toggle this setting on & off, checked being, On, and unchecked being, Off.

If you make a settings change for this setting or others, then tab to the, Okay button, press enter to save your settings changes & close quick settings.

If this isn't plain enough, will someone please explain it in an easier fashion?!

Okay now it's time for me and the iBarstool to become attached at the seat, so to speak!  LOL  LOL 

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 7:49 PM

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:59 PM

Hi,

Can you please retype your response in English? 

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well, but can't read your response. 

Thanks,

Jessica

On Mar 4, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Press the,Insert + spacebar, letup then press the, Print Screen key.

Or to do it in Jaws quick settings:

To cee if the, Screen Shade, is on or off go into the quick settings menu with, Insert + V, or Capslock plus v if you are using the laptop layout.

Type, shade, in the search field and down arrow 1 time.  Jaws should report if it's checked or not, and if it isn't press the spacebar to check it then tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 2:21 PM

Subject: Automatically start the screen shade with Jaws

Hi,

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.