Re: About to go to Windows 7 -- Arrgh!

Dave Scrimenti <dscrimenti@...>

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I prefer XP, but mainly because I'm a big Total Recorder user, and XP lets me keep Jaws out of whatever I'm recording, and 7 does not. I'm also more use to XP, but they're not as different as you might think. I tried 7 for a couple weeks and had little trouble getting use to it. My main concern with XP is whether I'll be able to find drivers for newer hardware.Where are you getting this laptop? I can't find anyone offering XP on a new machine.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 5:50 PM
Subject: About to go to Windows 7 -- Arrgh!

I may be soon migrating (disassociating?) to Windows 7 on my work machine as
it's time for a new laptop. Do any of you feel it incumbent to stop me
before I do something regretful? I do have the option of having my new
laptop fitted with XP Pro, 32-bit. Henceforth my request for your sage
advice, everyone.

Dave Carlson
Written with grammatical care, punctuation, and capitalization because I
care about readers of my mail. From my soon-to-not-be Dell Latitude 630 in
the general vicinity of my Audio Recording and Mixing Studios, San Francisco
Bay Area.