moderated Re: Automatically start the screen shade with Jaws

Mike B

Well, the iBarstool has nothing to blame here, it was too early in the day for doing 12 ounce curls!  LOL  LOL
I'll try to put in more simpley:

The screen shade setting does not appear in the Jaws Settings Center and is only accessible through the layered keystroke feature or, Jaws quick settings.

The layered keystroke feature is when you  hold down the Insert key then press down the spacebar, let up on both keys, then press a third key to perform a particular task.  In this case the layered keystroke to turn the, Screen Shade, On or Off task is below:

Hold down the Insert key, then press down the spacebar, now let up on both keys, and tap the, Print Screen, button.

With each press of this keystroke sequence you will hear Jaws report either, Screen shade on or, Screenn shade off.

Since the Jaws screen shade feature isn't available in the Settings Center, and can be only accessed by the 2 ways mentioned above, here's the way to check its current setting through Jaws quick settings:
BTW,  whether you're in Explorer or a program, the screen shade setting is found in the General Options category of Jaws quick settings.

So, when, in or on, most places of your computer press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings.

Down arrow until you hear Jaws report, General Options, and if Jaws reports that it's closed right arrow to open.

Now continue down arrowing until you hear Jaws report, Screen Shade, either checked or unchecked.  Pressing the spacebar will toggle this setting on & off, checked being, On, and unchecked being, Off.

If you make a settings change for this setting or others, then tab to the, Okay button, press enter to save your settings changes & close quick settings.

If this isn't plain enough, will someone please explain it in an easier fashion?!

Okay now it's time for me and the iBarstool to become attached at the seat, so to speak!  LOL  LOL

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!