Re: [Bulk] Microsoft Outlook 2010 crashing issue

Drew Hunthausen

Where are you going to train for the iphone?

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of John Martyn
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:47 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: [Bulk] Microsoft Outlook 2010 crashing issue

No kidding. I thought it was just me. Yes, that object API for Office really
can cause some issues since it is used almost completely free of jaws
scripting alone.
I wonder if office 2012 would be better for me. I haven't kept track, but is
there even an office 2012? If so, I'm ordering it from the V.A. I get these
kinds of things free since they cater towards me. I just have to call a
million times and bug them until they are tired of dealing with me. I have a
lousy VIST coordinator. She is supposed to send me back up to Palo Alto, Ca
to train for the iPhone. Anyway, I digress...
I think they are using delays without allowing the program to perform tasks
in the background. Like a Delay(10,0) makes it so everything on the system
stop processing while jaws catches up, and a Delay(10, 1) allows background
applications to continue its processing. Wish they would put in a safety in
there so you don't end up in a constant loop of waiting. My JAWS sometimes
does not recover and I have to tell my wife to click the close outlook
button after it puts up that non responsive dialog window. I think I should
complain to freedom scientific about this. Either that or hope office 2012
is out there and will be better with JAWS 13.
John