moderated Re: Unable to activate button menu-paypal.com

Norma A. Boge

Hi Adrian and all on this thread,

Using J2020, landing on the problem button, Jaws says:

“Actions Remind Button button menu‑ collapsed‑ menu”

So, when I activated the button, I was actually hitting the remind button instead of opening the menu.

Using J2019, Jaws correctly reads the remind and menu buttons as 2 separate, one below the other. Why J2020 didn’t see this, I don’t know. But I definitely need to somehow adjust J2020 so this mistake does not happen again.

I will take the remainder of my problem directly to Paypal because although I am hitting enter on the cancel button, I’m not getting the confirm dialogue so something is still hinky.

With J2020 I’ve experienced Jaws mistakenly reading as outlined above, but the confusion didn’t create such a major problem until now.  If anyone has a fix for this in particular, please let me know.

Someone on the list once said that running the most current version of Jaws gives one the best accessibility. I disagree. And I think a number of others on this list would, as well.

Thanks again everyone,

Norma