moderated Re: Copying contents of a sheet

Dean Martineau

Ctrl+Shift+D lists all visible cells with data.  With the program maximized, you should be able often to find the first cell with data.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Copying contents of a sheet

All of these methods are useful for copying the entire sheet.  Can we touch on the other part of John’s question?  That is, if you know there is data in the sheet, but you aren’t sure where it starts, is there a way to find the first cell with data in it?  For example, I was organizing an event recently and the hotel was sending me the list of room reservation details for my attendees.  It appears the worksheet was formatted to look pretty when printed with a logo graphic at the top,  What was tricky was that it took me a while to find the first cell with data in it, as they had left the first few columns and top few rows empty for visual appeal.  I was going row by row down the worksheet  trying to find the first  cell with meaningful data in it so that I could copy it to my own planning file, which was somewhere around c15.  If you know one of the cell’s contents, I suppose you can do a find that then jump to the top of the row or columns, but I wonder if there is another way.

Robin