moderated Re: Copying contents of a sheet

Dean Martineau

Ctrl+Shift+D lists all visible cells with data.  With the program maximized, you should be able often to find the first cell with data.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:19 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Copying contents of a sheet

All of these methods are useful for copying the entire sheet.  Can we touch on the other part of John’s question?  That is, if you know there is data in the sheet, but you aren’t sure where it starts, is there a way to find the first cell with data in it?  For example, I was organizing an event recently and the hotel was sending me the list of room reservation details for my attendees.  It appears the worksheet was formatted to look pretty when printed with a logo graphic at the top,  What was tricky was that it took me a while to find the first cell with data in it, as they had left the first few columns and top few rows empty for visual appeal.  I was going row by row down the worksheet  trying to find the first  cell with meaningful data in it so that I could copy it to my own planning file, which was somewhere around c15.  If you know one of the cell’s contents, I suppose you can do a find that then jump to the top of the row or columns, but I wonder if there is another way. 

Robin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 10:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Copying contents of a sheet

Hello:

I need to copy the contents of a sheet and paste the contents into another sheet in another workbook.  The trick is that I do not know which cells in the sheet contain data.

Any suggestions on how to find out what range of cells have data.  Then the best way to select that area to copy to the new sheet.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.