moderated Re: How to get the URL of a streaming radio?

james hooper

Kind of an offshoot if say one has a stream on their vic and they want the urhl how can  this be accomplished.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2020 8:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to get the URL of a streaming radio?

There are several methods of varying complexity including  looking at Page source code but before trying any of that I would suggest installing Tapin Radio on your PC.

Just using Tapin might meet your needs but you can also use it to get station URLs.

  1. Search for the station you require in Tapin.
  2. Test that the station works by starting it playing. Once you know it actually works tab to the stop button and then back to the station name.
  3. Bring up the context menu with the application key and select properties. Jaws should start reading out the properties  automatically but in the event it does not you can then use jaws plus B  to force a read of the dialogue.
  4. Use jaws plus space followed by H to bring up speech history.
  5. Reviewing the speech history you can then find a line which says stream URL and from this line you can copy and paste this URL to create a m3u file or whatever you want to do with it.

Note the Plextalk is getting long in the tooth now and does not support all modern streams. So you might well find a stream which works in Tapin WinAmp or more likely VLC but not on the Plextalk. WinAmp supports most streams also but not as much, in my experience, as a more recent version of VLC does.

David Griffith