moderated How to get the URL of a streaming radio?

Peter Tesar

Hello,

Is there a way to get the URL from some of my local radio stations so that I can put them into a playlist file?

I found a BBC web site listing the full URL addresses for many local and short wave stations.

I can put each URL in a separate .m3u file and with its shortcut on the desktop, WinAmp starts streaming the station. Using these m3u files, my PlexTalk Linio can also stream the radio station.

However I need the full URL address.

From a station’s web site, I can select “listen live” and this brings up Radio Player controls.

The station plays through a radio player. the URL starts with:

   http://player...

This is not the real URL.

On the web page, the Player controls include:    play and mute.

Also there are buttons for:

   add this station to my Stations

or if I did select “add”

   Remove this station  from my Stations.

This implies that there is a Stations list.

Is it possible to open it and get the full URL?

If not, is there another way?

I’ve heard of programs allowing one to store radio stations for ease of use.

Could they have the stored URL list so one can view it and cut and paste?

Any advice will be welcom, thanks,

Peter T.