moderated Re: focus 40 blue and BARD

Chris Hill

It is there.  drive:\fsi\focus 5\scratchpad should contain two folders called books and notes.

On 2/29/2020 07:20, Milton Ota wrote:
Hello All:

I took a look at my SD card on my Focus 40 Blu 5th Generation and I could not find the "Book" folder where people have been saying to put "BRF" files..

Can someone tell me if that folder is created automatically or do I have to create the folder on the SD card on the Focus?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 1:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: focus 40 blue and BARD

Hello,
I think you go into your bookshelf on the BARDmobile app, look for the Braille book you want (this’ll b under th Braille books item in the library tab), and open the book. I haven’t worked with this much, but I think you need to next press m on your display to get to the beginning of your first volume of the book. Don’t hesitate to go to the help file on BARDmobile for more assistance. If you’d like, download the brf file into your computer, open up your focus drive—kinda hard to do but plug in the Focus while, at the same time pressing left pan and power at the same time. After that, navigate to your books in the scratchpad, paste the copied brf in, and make sure to close that and remove Focus with eject/safely remove hardware. After that, note that the brf is there in the books section of scratchpad and read that way. In that way, the display keeps your position/not sure ot would with BARDmobile.
Ashleigh Piccinino
On Feb 27, 2020, at 9:25 AM, Bill Tessore <billtessore@...> wrote:

Oops! I misread the original subject line. Never mind!

Shalom,

B ill Tessore
billtessore@...
On Feb 27, 2020, at 7:15 AM, Bill Tessore via Groups.Io <billtessore=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Richard, I was not aware the El Braille had a Rotor, I thought that
was a function of devices like smart phones and tablets. I was under
the impression that this is something that the El Braille Does not
have because it has no view screen. Is there something I don’t know
about the El Braille? shalom, Bill Tesser billtessore@...
On Feb 27, 2020, at 6:49 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:
Open the BARD help file in the app and read section 7. You can navigate by headings using the VoiceOver rotor.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at:
https://eur05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com
&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca79b6cc86f1347ac5c5208d7bb99521f%7C84df9e7fe9
f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637184139482800809&amp;sdata=4tXooC
G%2BPPbDMRxbmLoWh59LN1TD%2FjpzPHQFXXs1bSU%3D&amp;reserved=0