From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Patterson, David K (ITD)
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 3:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: : Com Pilot instructions

No - JAWS OCR will not be able to read a .DBF because it is a database file - You would need to use a DBF viewer but that may not be accessible.

FYI - a DBF holds more than textual information - Data is stored within the file in an array with multiple records and fields.

Dr. David K. Patterson

David K. Patterson
HR/CMS Accessibility Manager
Senior Accessibility Business Systems Analyst
Manager – Assistive Technology Laboratory

Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS)
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
1 Ashburton Place – Room 1601
Boston, MA 02108

Office: (617) 626-4650 | Fax: (617) 626-4454

Email: david.k.patterson@mass.gov
Web: https://www.mass.gov/eotss-employee-resources

Accessibility Web: www.mass.gov/accessibility/

EOTSS provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools
to constituents and service providers when and where they need them.

From: O.Addison Gethers [mailto:o.addisongethers@gmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 28, 2020, 2:08 PM
Subject: : Com Pilot instructions
Oh smack Mario !! Well I had forward to the email to one of freedom scientific technical support she ask me if I try with OCR then she give me the instruction Have you tried using convenient OCR? Steps below.

1. Open the document and wait for it to process.

2. Press insert spacebar. Afterward press O for COR.

3. Press D for document. Jaws will say, document OCR started. Wait for it to finish and it will automatically start reading.

Sherry Gomes
So that what I did !! When I try without OCR jaws not reading too.

From: O.Addison Gethers [mailto:o.addisongethers@gmail.com]
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 28, 2020, 12:18 PM
Hello All I'm using jaws2019 with window10 desktop computer, this is dbf file when I press enter on the attachment then I press insert + spacebar then letter o for OCR then I press letter d for document then I waited jaws not reading anything yet !! What am I doing wrong in here?

Addison