moderated Re: Need step by instructions for setting up and using remote jaws for work.

Patterson, David K (EOTSS)

Hi -

JAWS requires a Remote Access license to allow it to be used in a remote access session - such as the windows Remote Desktop services.

You need the proper license installed on the client-side computer and software installed correctly on both the client and the “server/remote” computer.

To use remote access support, you must add remote authorization to an existing Professional or Home license of JAWS or Fusion. There is a one-time fee to add this Remote Access authorization option.

Here is a document from FS - https://support.freedomscientific.com/Content/Documents/Other/RemoteAccessAuthorizationInstructions.pdf

David K. Patterson
HR/CMS Accessibility Manager
Senior Accessibility Business Systems Analyst
Manager – Assistive Technology Laboratory

Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS)
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
1 Ashburton Place – Room 1601
Boston, MA 02108

Office: (617) 626-4650 | Fax: (617) 626-4454

Email: david.k.patterson@mass.gov
Web: https://www.mass.gov/eotss-employee-resources

Accessibility Web: www.mass.gov/accessibility/

EOTSS provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools
to constituents and service providers when and where they need them.

From: Shannon [mailto:shannon@bartchroofing.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 28, 2020, 10:56 AM
Ok, Thank yu for that but I need the Remote desktop control.
Is it different.
I need to get the laptop to remote into the desktop at work. Both on different internet connections so I can access the programs that run on my work desktop from home.

From: Glenn / Lenny [mailto:glennervin@cableone.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020, 8:31 PM
Once you have taken control of a computer, it is just like being on the other computer.
There is a keyboard shortcut to toggle back and forth with Jaws Tandem as well, but I don't recall what it is.
Glenn