moderated Re: does jfw work very well with firefox?

JM Casey

JAWS 2018 does work with Firefox 70, but JAWS 18, of course, won’t, as you implied.

Lynx..wow,. Those were oddly my favouite internet browsing days, over the old telnet and linux shell. Haha

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan
Sent: February 28, 2020 11:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: does jfw work very well with firefox?

Well, JAWS works well  the version of Firefox that came out about the same time as the version of JAWS. Don't expect JAWS 2018 to work with Firefox 70. There were major changes to Firefox in around version 57, and JAWS and NVDA  had to  completely change the way they worked with the browser when that occurred. So if you are unable to upgrade past JAWS 18 then I suggest you don't try working with modern Browsers. And if you don't work with modern browsers then you might find parts of the web unusable . Though there is a new version of Lynx that recently came out.